Sunday 5 June 2011

Cash Free Festival?

We were talking about this last week at Playfest and I am sure I heard something about it before last year. How brilliant would it be to be able to purchase a card and load cash onto it to use at festivals?
Obviously the stalls would need some kind of card reader or barcode scanner to authorise payment but it would mean you wouldn't have to carry cash round with you and would only have to worry about a card (or maybe have a few cards pre loaded with cash incase you lose one?) instead of money.
Here I have it all worked out-
1. You can put anything from £10 to £500 on a card, this means you can set yourself a budget and not have to resort to getting money out of one of the site cash machines which charge you a fiver for the pleasure of withdrawing the money.
2. You can use the card to buy food, drink and clothing (festival merchandise) so you don't have to worry about scrabbling round for change.
3. They would be ideal for teenagers as you can set them a budget and if they go over it then they will have to pay out themselves : p

I think it would take a long time for something like this to be established but I think it's a great idea, I for one hate carrying all my cash for the weekend around or leaving half in the car or something but a card would be easier to carry and to hide from potential thieves.

I'd love to know if anyone is doing this and if not can I patent it? as of now.

No comments:

Post a Comment